Announcement

2020 Season Update (round 2)

Posted by Pearland Pirates on May 31 2020 at 06:05PM PDT
image

Pirate Families,

Thank you SO much for your patience during this crazy time! We truly appreciate all of your support.

We are working hard to move forward with a modified season.

The following changes will be in effect for this season:

-Registration will reopen on June 1 at 9 am.

-The Silvercreek pool will NOT be a practice location this season. Meets will NOT be held at the Natatorium this season.

-We are waiting on the Silverlake pool to open and practices and “meets” will be at this location.

-Coach Tyler will take over as head coach. Coach Prybil will stay on in an advisory capacity.

-Junior Coaches will not be in the water with swimmers.

-Registration will be limited. We will only accept 8 and under swimmers who have swam on a competitive team before. The Preracer program will not run this season.

-Practices will be limited so we can follow CDC social distancing guidelines. Parents will not be allowed in the pool area. There will be more information to follow regarding the requirements for attending practices and meets.

-Practices will begin in June with 3 “meets” occurring in July (likely the 11th, 18th, and 25th). We will coordinate meets with the opposing team but right now we are planning for Virtual Meets. We will swim and time our swimmers at our pool and the other team will do the same. The clerks will run the numbers and we will know meet results.

-Refunds will be offered for families that choose not to participate this season and have already registered. You will have 2 options. If you choose to roll your registration over to next year, you’ll receive 100% credit of your payment. If you would like a refund now, we will be able to refund 75% of your payment. The team operates as a nonprofit and still has operating costs that need to be paid for (insurance, storage, coach salary, as well as other costs).

-All of this is pending on the Silverlake pool opening. Right now, with the Governor’s guidelines at 25% capacity, the pool is not available to us. If the Governor changes that capacity, we expect the pool will be opened. If you would prefer to wait to register once the pool is opened, please let us know so that we can plan. We know that some people will prefer to wait to not have the 25% administrative fee applied to your refund.

As always, we thank you for your patience during this crazy time. Hope to see you in the water soon!!!

Thank you,

Pearland Pirates Board
Pearland.Swim.Board@gmail.com