News and Announcements
Thank you SO much for your patience during this crazy time! We truly appreciate all of your support.
We are working hard to move forward with a modified season.
The following changes will be in effect for this season:
-Registration will reopen on June 1 at 9 am.
-The Silvercreek pool will NOT be a practice location this season. Meets will NOT be held at the Natatorium this season.
-We are waiting on the Silverlake pool to open and practices and “meets” will be at this location.
-Coach Tyler will take over as head coach. Coach Prybil will stay on in an advisory capacity.
-Junior Coaches will not be in the water with swimmers.
-Registration will be limited. We will only accept 8 and under swimmers who have swam on a competitive team before. The Preracer program will not run this season.
-Practices will be limited so we can follow CDC social distancing guidelines. Parents will not be allowed in the pool area. There will be more information to follow regarding the requirements for attending practices and meets.
-Practices will begin in June with 3 “meets” occurring in July (likely the 11th, 18th, and 25th). We will coordinate meets with the opposing team but right now we are planning for Virtual Meets. We will swim and time our swimmers at our pool and the other team will do the same. The clerks will run the numbers and we will know meet results.
-Refunds will be offered for families that choose not to participate this season and have already registered. You will have 2 options. If you choose to roll your registration over to next year, you’ll receive 100% credit of your payment. If you would like a refund now, we will be able to refund 75% of your payment. The team operates as a nonprofit and still has operating costs that need to be paid for (insurance, storage, coach salary, as well as other costs).
-All of this is pending on the Silverlake pool opening. Right now, with the Governor’s guidelines at 25% capacity, the pool is not available to us. If the Governor changes that capacity, we expect the pool will be opened. If you would prefer to wait to register once the pool is opened, please let us know so that we can plan. We know that some people will prefer to wait to not have the 25% administrative fee applied to your refund.
As always, we thank you for your patience during this crazy time. Hope to see you in the water soon!!!
Pearland Pirates Board
Please continue to be patient with us. At this time, CCSL is waiting to make a decision on how to move forward with this summer season. The League would like to provide some sort of a season for those teams interested and able to participate. We are awaiting the Governor’s decision to decide on how to move forward. The League is meeting with the teams electronically every couple weeks or so to ensure needs are being met the best they can be. We will likely update more as the State clarifies phases of opening going forward.
We miss you all and can’t wait to get back in the water!!
Registration is now open!
Please go to https://cui.active.com/sports-reg/login?a=7ef26e6a-dec0-458f-a965-c0ac77546085 to register your swimmer.
Please be sure to enter a cell number so we can send out text alerts. And don’t forget to select a size for your team shirt! There are adult and youth sizes so select your size accordingly.
As always, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Welcome to the kickoff of the 19th year of Pirates swimming! There is a lot of important information in this so please read carefully!
• Registration Opens for all swimmers: February 10, 2019
• Registration will be via the online registration process @ www.pearlandpirates.com
• Please note that the software CCSL changed last year. If you did not swim with Pirates last year, you will need to create a new account.
• Signup for pool & practice times will be later in April (ie – not a part of the registration process)
2020 Fee Summary
• New and returning swimmers – $180
• USA swimmer – $155
• Junior coach – $60 (All junior coaches MUST register)
• High School swimmer (completed 9th grade) – $75
• Pre-racer – $150 (limited to 8 and under swimmers)
• FAMILY MAX OF $375 – If your total is more than $375, please pay the total and the difference will be refunded to you.
2020 Sponsorship Opportunities
• We are actively looking for additional sponsors for the upcoming swim season. We can use all of the community support that we can get and it would be great to get your help
• If you have a local company and are looking for advertising or community support opportunities, please contact us.
• Do you want to save money on your summer swim team registration? Of course you do! We have a new program this year to help benefit Pirates and to save you money. We are looking for local businesses to sponsor our team and you can help us. For each sponsor you bring in, you will receive a credit back on your registration. Once you turn in their check and their logo, you will earn a credit on your account based on the schedule below:
- Olympic Sponsor ($1000): $100 Account Credit
- Gold Sponsor ($750): $75 Account Credit
- Silver Sponsor ($500): $50 Account Credit
- Bronze Sponsor ($250): $25 Account Credit
• Attached is the letter explaining the levels and benefits for you to give to the potential sponsors.
• Please be sure to put your family’s last name on the form so you receive credit for any sponsors you bring in!
• Please be aware that we will NOT be offering a volunteer buy out this season. All families will be required to volunteer in some capacity at every meet that your swimmer participates in. We will have plenty of opportunities for volunteering including shorter shifts, floating positions and more! Watch for more information coming soon!
• If you are unable to volunteer during meets, there are preseason and support positions available to you.
• We are still in need of volunteers to step up and become a committee head. Please remember this fulfills your volunteer responsibilities for the year! As with all volunteer positions you will never be asked to miss your child’s events. The board and fellow volunteers will always step in so you can step away and cheer on your swimmer. The following committees are in need of volunteers:
- Roster Coordinator: This position will be responsible for submitting the completed roster to the CCSL with any changes prior to the start of the season and on Mondays during the meet portion of the season.
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Responsibilities include coordinating a committee of volunteers to obtain sponsors, gather sponsor information and logos, and coordination of credits for members that participate in the sponsorship/tuition program.
- Marketing/PR: We are looking for a person to head up this new committee! We want to spread the word about Pirates, our mission, the fun things we do and accomplishments our swimmers make. This will include helping with the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter account. Possible coordination of yard signs, car decals etc. May also create flyers to be distributed at nearby elementary schools prior to registration start.
- Ready area coordinator: You will be in charge of coordination of volunteers to staff the ready area during home meets. This will not mean that you work the ready area the whole time. Just make sure your volunteer slots are full and everyone arrives on time.
- RASH chair: Really awesome swim helpers (RASH) is our junior junior coaching program. It was designed to get 6th to 8th grader ready and excited about making the transition to junior coaching. Responsibilities include coordination and signups, getting tank tops made for the kids, and coordination of signing volunteer forms for their hours for NJHS.
- Computer chair: Are you great with computers and networking? We need a point person to help out before meets will updating and maintaining equipment and during meets if the clerk needs assistance.
• Please email email@example.com with any questions or to let us know you are ready to sign up!
• Tryouts will be held at the Nat in late March or early April. There will be two dates to select if you are a new swimmer. 8U swimmer will need to swim 25 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke safely. Ages 9 and up will be required to swim 50 yards of each.
• Packet pickup and meet your new coaching staff in May.
• The meet dates will all be held on Saturdays in late May and June. We will update this and send them out as soon as we have them.
• The champ series dates will be in mid July.
• Practice will begin around May 10th and pool signups will be announced as we confirm pools and set practice schedules for the year.
Finally, stay tuned to your email, our website, and our social media sites for all of the latest information leading up to the season.
Pearland Pirates Board
The document PST_2020_Sponsorship_Letter.pdf was attached to this post.