Pearland Pirates 2022 Season - Update
Welcome to the kickoff of the 21st year of Pirates swimming! There is a lot of important information in this so please read carefully!
Here are the current nominees for Board Positions for this year. Please let the board know if you would like to nominate someone for the one open position or if you have any objections.
Board members continuing service:
At Large – Narelle Thrift
At Large – Lauren Witte
Nominations for Board positions up for election:
President – Sara Orsi
VP Operations – Jason Sharp
VP Ways and Means – OPEN
Treasurer – Charles Witte
Secretary – Sondra German
• Head official – Troy Orsi
• Clerk – Narelle Thrift
• Registration Opens for all swimmers: March 7, 2022
• Registration will be via the online registration process @ www.pearlandpirates.com
• Signup for pool & practice times will be later in April (ie – not a part of the registration process)
• Please note that we are a swim TEAM and not lessons. Swimmers must be able to swim freestyle and backstroke independently (25 yards of each for 8 and under swimmers and 50 yards of each for ages 9 and up). Tryouts for new swimmers will be in late April/early May. More details to come.
2022 Fee Summary
• New and returning swimmers – $185
• USA swimmer – $160
• Junior coach – $65 (All junior coaches MUST register)
• High School swimmer (completed 9th grade) – $80
• Pre-racer – $155 (limited to 8 and under swimmers)
• FAMILY MAX OF $375 – If your total is more than $375, please pay the total and the difference will be refunded to you.
2022 Practice Pools – For the 2022 season, practices will be at both Silverlake and Silvercreek pools. May practices will be after school and June practices will be early mornings.
2022 Sponsorship Opportunities
• We are actively looking for additional sponsors for the upcoming swim season. We can use all of the community support that we can get and it would be great to get your help.
• If you have a local company and are looking for advertising or community support opportunities, please contact us.
• Do you want to save money on your summer swim team registration? Of course you do! We have a program this year to help benefit Pirates and to save you money. We are looking for local businesses to sponsor our team and you can help us. For each sponsor you bring in, you will receive a credit back on your registration. Once you turn in their check and their logo, you will earn a credit on your account based on the schedule below:
• Olympic Sponsor ($1000): $100 Account Credit
• Gold Sponsor ($750): $75 Account Credit
• Silver Sponsor ($500): $50 Account Credit
• Bronze Sponsor ($250): $25 Account Credit
• Please see attached sponsporship letter explaining the levels and benefits for you to give to the potential sponsors.
• Please be sure to put your family’s last name on the form so you receive credit for any sponsors you bring in!
• All families will be required to volunteer in some capacity at every meet that your swimmer participates in. We will have plenty of opportunities for volunteering including floating positions and more!
• If you are unable to volunteer during meets, there are preseason and support positions available to you.
• We are still in need of volunteers to step up and become a committee head. Please remember this fulfills your volunteer responsibilities for the year! As with all volunteer positions you will never be asked to miss your child’s events. The board and fellow volunteers will always step in so you can step away and cheer on your swimmer. The following committees are in need of volunteers:
• Roster Coordinator: This position will be responsible for submitting the completed roster to the CCSL with any changes prior to the start of the season and on Mondays during the meet portion of the season.
• Sponsorship Coordinator: Responsibilities include coordinating a committee of volunteers to obtain sponsors, gather sponsor information and logos, and coordination of credits for members that participate in the sponsorship/tuition program.
• Marketing/PR: We want to spread the word about Pirates, our mission, the fun things we do and accomplishments our swimmers make. This will include helping with the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter account. Possible coordination of yard signs, car decals etc. May also create flyers to be distributed at nearby elementary schools prior to registration start.
• Ready area coordinator: You will be in charge of coordination of volunteers to staff the ready area during home meets. This will not mean that you work the ready area the whole time. Just make sure your volunteer slots are full and everyone arrives on time.
• RASH chair: Really awesome swim helpers (RASH) is our junior junior coaching program. It was designed to get 6th to 8th grader ready and excited about making the transition to junior coaching. Responsibilities include coordination and signups, getting tank tops made for the kids, and coordination of signing volunteer forms for their hours for NJHS.
• Please email email@example.com with any questions or to let us know you are ready to sign up!
• Tryouts are required if you are a new swimmer to the Pirates. 8U swimmer will need to swim 25 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke safely. Ages 9 and up will be required to swim 50 yards of each.
• Packet pickup and meet your new coaching staff in May.
• The swim meets will all be held on Saturdays in late May and June. We will update the meet schedule and send them out as soon as we have them from the Clear Creek Swim League (CCSL).
• The champ series dates will be in early/mid July.
• Practice will begin early May and pool signups will be announced as we confirm practice schedules for the year.
Finally, stay tuned to your email, our website, and our social media sites for all of the latest information leading up to the season.
Pearland Pirates Board
The document Pearland_Pirates_Swim_Team_2022_Sponsorship_Letter.docx was attached to this post.